If you have a suggestion for something to go here (or have a question you need answered) just contact us.
- Countdown timer doesn't countdown
- The list of mirrors never shows up
- Clicking the download button does nothing, or you get an error message
We are a small team so we really can't test on every conceivable combination of platform & browser, so we tend to concentrate on the newest and most common. We officially support the latest IE, Chrome, and Firefox. The solutions in order from most to least likely:
- Are you using the latest browser? This solves 99/100 issues. Get the latest Chrome or Firefox or even IE browser. As of March 2013 the most recent version is Chrome 25, Firefox 19, and IE9/IE10. If you are using a different browser, try Chrome or Firefox (available on all platforms).
- Are you running an ad blocker or script blocker? You'd know if you were since you usually have to purposefully install a plugin. Try adding *.androidfilehost.com to the exceptions or just temporarily turning it off.
- Did we just make a site update? Usually we'll put a notice at the top of the window, or a new blog post with the changelog to let you know. You might have to clear your cache, but this is uncommon.
- Still having issues? Let us know and be sure to include as much info as possible including a link to the file you are trying to download, your browser and browser version (important!), your operating system, and anything else you might think odd or important (behind a corporate firewall for example). The more information you include the quicker we can get to fixing it for you and anyone else who is having the same issue.
How do I get developer status?
How do I add the device I plan to support to my account?
First, it is important to know that Android File Host uses a supported device system. This means that if you intend to upload files to your account, you must first add a supported device to your account.
- You can do so by clicking the my account link on the upper right side of the screen.
- Scroll down and click device support.
- Next, click the add new device link on the left side of the screen.
- Finally, scroll through the list of device, find the one you would like to add to your account, and click add to my devices.
How do I add files to my account?
- Click the my account link on the upper right side of the screen.
- Scroll down and click file manager/browser.
- Select the device you want to add files too by clicking show files for this device
- Here, you may create a new folder or you can just upload a new file by clicking the upload files button on the right.
My favorite developer is on Android File Host. How can I follow them?
We have made this very simple. Simply click developers under the browse by links. Find the developer and click the follow button next to their user name.
*This feature isnt 100% complete. Will have the ability to receive updates from followed developers & other cool features that are in development.